Saturday, February 6, 2010

Quote for the Refrigerator Door

"Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

-- Ashley Smith

____________________________________

Today I am working a long day for a Saturday, from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. On days such as this one I find it is especially important to appreciate the littlest bits of beauty all around me.

I will bring a favorite coffee mug to work with me and when I stop in the grocery store to buy a block of cheese for my lunch and dinner, I will breathe and enjoy the moments away from work, looking at all the beautiful people in the store. I shop at Trader Joe's most of the time. It is a great place for people watching and the people there are so friendly.

Accepting that my day will be long and appreciating each little opportunity for beauty helps me to have a happy attitude throughout the day. It relieves me from the anger and stress I see so many people experiencing. I feel happy this morning, knowing I do not have to feel those toxic feelings of anger and stress.

I will have some coffee in a pretty mug. I think today I will use a ceramic mug that my sister gave me for my birthday a few years ago. It is genuine pottery and has pictures of cats on it. I will probably have some tea in that same pretty mug. I haven't yet had breakfast because I was up too late! But when I have breakfast, I will add cocoa to my hot cereal because that gives me a smile (I use unsweetened cocoa and add Splenda because I cannot tolerate sugar).

I will be a blessing to those whom I meet today as much as that is possible. I will pay attention to them. That is the biggest gift I can give the people around me. I will call my niece and see if I can stop by and see her and her baby for a few minutes on my way home from work. If that doesn't work out, maybe I will stop by a bookstore and look for a new copy of Memoirs of a Geisha. I want to read that book again and don't have it anymore. It is such a sad and beautiful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment