Friday, February 12, 2010

Quote & Note

"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."

-- Frank Outlaw

I have been a bit discombobulated lately, making some important decisions about my life. During such times, it is easy to rely on fantasy over what might be one day in the future or regret over what has been in the past. Neither form of thinking is useful in the least today.

What is useful for Patty to think about today?

  • Calling my brother and asking for a ride to a family event next Saturday -- because that's good company, saves me gas money -- and it gives him an opportunity to do a simple and useful act of service to me.
  • Sending the invoice for a freelance writing assignment I did recently. I drag my feet on paperwork. It is a necessary part of living in the world and I need to grow up in this area of my life.
  • Grocery shopping.
  • Finding time for quiet and meditation before my day is done. There is a quiet chapel I know that is a very safe place. I can go there 24 hours a day. Lately, I have not been as often as I have in the past. Hmmmm..... I wonder why I have felt discombobulated?

First things first. For today, I need to connect with something greater than myself if I want to be better than I have been the past while. I do want that for myself: less discombulation; more serenity; more quiet; more joy; more ah ha moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment